A single mom online dating profile can be challenging, especially if you are new to dating. Really, they must include these things for an awesome profile and success in online dating! So, read on!
Pictures for a Single Mom Online Dating Profile
Of course, a picture is worth a thousand words. And, in the online dating world, a picture is sometimes all you got! So remember these tips for showing off your best self!
Tips for Online Dating Pictures
- If you can afford it, have a professional take them.
- If you can't afford a professional, have a friend take them.
- No Selfies!
- No selfies in bathrooms!
- If the weather cooperates, take your pictures outside, in a nice setting.
- Wear clothes that highlight your best features and your shape.
- But beware of too much cleavage or skin. Show a little, not a lot.
- If you can afford it, get your hair and make-up done.
- Try out different poses and smile!
- Have the photographer or your friend tell you a joke so your smiles look genuine.
- No pictures with other people; it's too confusing for the swiper who doesn't know what you fully look like.
Picture Examples for a Single Mom Online Dating Profile
This woman above looks relaxed, natural, and beautiful. She is outside and in clothes that are cute but not revealing. We can see a little of her body shape but not in a skeezy way.
The woman above looks totally happy, confident and gorgeous! She is wearing fitted clothes that show off her figure but don't give away too much! Again, she is outside.
Above, the woman is showing an example of a full-body shot. You can do one of these but don't make it your primary picture! She looks fantastic and her clothes show her culture and heritage. She's also touching her hair, which is one of the ways that women flirt, so men already feel like she's flirting with them!
Single Mom Online Dating Profile
Now, some men do not read the profile at all. We are not here for those men. You want a man who wants to eat up all the info about you and can't wait to read all about you! So, the profile is still pretty dang important!
Tips for Online Dating Profiles
- First, be positive!
- Don't use too many adjectives: “I'm kind, sweet” doesn't tell much.
- Instead, talk about things you love to do. “I love taking my dog on long walks in the forest.” That tells him that you are kind and sweet by what you *do.*
- Say what you are looking for in a man or relationship.
- Do not list a bunch of things that you don't want in a man. This is a turn off and very negative.
- For a single mom online dating profile, you must say that you are a mom. This will not turn great men away, I swear!
Single Mom Online Dating Profile Examples
Now, this is just a couple paragraphs to give you some ideas. Basically, you want to show the things you do and what your life is like, so he knows if he will fit in that.
Example: On the weekends, you may find me rising early to hit the trail and explore all the beauty this mountain has to offer! Afterwards, I love chowing down on some Italian food, cooked by yours truly…I would love to have a hiking and cooking buddy! Care to join me?
Example: I have a confession to make: I am a night owl! I cannot seem to put down a good book or stop binging on Yellowstone. Snuggling while binging is my favorite…I've got a place on my couch just for you!
Example: I have a wonderful side-kick that I take with me most places: my daughter! She is a little mini-me and we love playing games, going on bikerides and laughing together over Disney movies! Being with this little one has made me treasure all of life's beautiful moments and I would love to share those moments with you!
First Messages in Dating App/Site
Nowadays, it does not matter who messages who first, or who liked who first, etc. Usually a man will not remember who messaged who first. So, yes, a woman can totally message a man first! You are not proposing marriage, just saying hi!
Examples of First Messages in a Single Mom Online Dating Profile
- Hi, I'm glad we matched! (blush emoji)
- Tag! You're it! ;P (this one is fun to do on an app like Bumble, where women message first)
- I love that pic of the mountains! Where did you take that?
- Aww, cute dog! What's their name?
- I love salsa dancing too! What's your favorite dance place?
- What do you like to do for fun?
- If you could go anywhere, where would you travel?
- I am loving the sunshine today! How have you been soaking up the rays?
- Looks like you're into books *and* movies. Which movie adapation of a book do you think is the best?
- That shirt is awesome! Where can I get one?
- How was your weekend? Do anything fun?
When to Leave the Dating App/Site
Listen, swiping on hot guys is fun and all but you really have to get a man off the app and talking to you in real life as soon as possible! Think about it, if you are only messaging in the app, that means he is spending more time on the app, finding othter women to talk to!
How to Get a Man Off the App
You gotta let him know that you are into getting to know him in real life, in real time! If he is willing to get off the app soon, it could be a clue that he is sincerely looking for a relationship and not just the next girl to hook up with. If he wants to message ad nauseum forever until you die, then sorry, fella, not interested!
Examples of What to Say to Get the Man Off the App/Site
- You are so cute! I wonder if you have a sexy voice…
- It has been so fun messaging with you! I would love to get to know you better in real life!
- You're so funny! Hey, would you like to talk on the phone and tell me more funny stories? I have a great laugh!
- Well, I could tell you more about that, but it's kinda a long story. But hey, we can talk on the phone sometime and I'll fill you in on all the juicy details!
I'm Off the App, Now What?
Once you get off the app, it's time to do a video or phone call! Do not skip right to the in person date! And do not get stuck texting back and forth forever! Instead, use texting to quickly set up a time to actually talk. Or send a funny meme. That's about it really. I talk a lot about texting, the phone/video call, etc. in this other post here.
Also, ideally you can be talking to or going on dates with a few men at a time. Don't put all your eggs in one basket! You don't have to settle on one guy right away.
The Basics of Single Mom Online Dating Profile
Well now you know the basics of online dating!
- Remember, the picture is the most important part so look your best!
- Then, write a positive profile about things you like to do
- Send fun, flirty messages and ask him something about his profile or life
- Get him off the site as soon as possible!
- Also, don't text forever but do a phone or video call